- video streaming and download, as well as other tools; see librarian for school passcode
1. Go to www.discoveryeducation.com
2. Select the Passcode/New User tab to enter the school passcode
3. Click Login to create a user account and password
I am here to help you:
¨ Find professional resources - education articles, lesson plans, books in your field of study, etc.
¨ Acquire teaching & classroom materials through purchase or interlibrary loan - audiobooks, magazines, books, & DVDs
¨ Create resource lists for class projects
¨ Collaborate in the development & teaching of lessons relating to research, inquiry based learning, literacy, and technology integration
¨ Develop book lists & displays for projects or reading assignments
¨ Assemble library resources to be used in your classroom
¨ Navigate GHS - locate resources, information, forms, procedures, etc.
¨ Provide an alternate learning space - conducive to group work, discussion groups, independent projects, computer access, seminar style discussions, etc.
26 iPads (may be reserved for class use in the library or lecture hall)
25 laptops (may be reserved for class use in the library or lecture hall)
4 desktop computers
SMART Remotes (student response system)
WIFI (library & lecture hall only)
1 Flip Video Camera
Cameras for Photos
Universal Card Reader
TV Cart with DVD/VHS Player
Teaching Channel - a video showcase of innovative and effective teaching practices in America's schools
- a professional social and learning network that makes it easy for anyone in the education community to connect with peers, share information and best practices, spread innovative ideas, and provide professional development
- videoconference with authors, experts, other classes, etc.
- great primary source docs & teaching tools; also see Digital Vaults
Moodle is a Course Management System (CMS), also known as a Learning Management System (LMS) or a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). It is a Free web application that educators can use to create effective online learning sites.
- an interactive language learning site that allows teachers to post assignments, make oral exams, incorporate videos, and more.