Rhymer - rhyming dictionary
Glossary - of poetic terms
Cinquain Poems - 5 lines in the shape of a diamond
1. Create a PicLits account. Use your first initial and last name as your pen name so Mr. Yelle will know who submitted which poem.
2. Using the “freestyle” option in PicLits, write a poem inspired by the photograph you select. Include one vocabulary word and at least two poetic devices from the lists below.
SimileVocabulary Words – use one word from this list
antagonize omniscient unscientific symbolic proton agony dialect paradox claustrophobia anthropology connotation rhetorical archetype jargon satirical cliché
3. Pair up with a classmate to edit each other’s poem. Correct spelling using a dictionary, and check the poem for understanding and style.
4. Read through your poem several times in preparation for your presentation.
5. Email your PicLit poem to Mr. Yelle at firstname.lastname@example.org